Professional Training Seminars
I am a mental health professional and would like to learn more about effectively working with teens. Do you offer educational workshops for teachers or other therapists?
Yes! This is an important aspect of how Teen Therapy Center helps other professionals create a meaningful connection with resistant, apprehensive teenagers. There are many counselors and teachers who don’t fully grasp why successfully working with adolescents is so different from working with either adults or small children. The approach is very different, and once understood, that relationship between adolescent and therapist can blossom to it’s fullest potential.
Kent has created a training workshop called, The 1-2-3’s for Treating Resistant Teens. This is not the average, boring workshop you may be used to attending. The 1-2-3’s for Treating Resistant Teens is an interactive and exciting workshop that helps therapists, social workers, teachers, psychologists or any other professional interested in establishing trusting, healthy relationships with the teenagers that they work with. This seminar guides counselors in how to reach through the resistance and fear that so many teenagers have around therapy. In turn, you can also alleviate some of your own resistance and fears about sitting alone in a room with a taciturn or perhaps even a belligerent teenager who might be adamantly refusing to open up.
- Friday, December 4, 2020 from 2pm-2:45pm
California Association of Anger Management Providers Virtual Conference
Consciousness & Adaptability in Anger Management During a Pandemic
Presented by Kent Toussaint, M.A. L.M.F.T. L.P.C.C.
Where has Kent conducted professional trainings in the past?
- The Association of Humanistic Psychology
- California State University, Northridge, The Tseng College of Extended Learning
- The Center for Individual and Family Counseling
- The Child/Adolescent Consortium
- Destinations to Recovery
- Pennylane Centers
- San Fernando Valley Chapter of CAMFT (California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists)
- Southern California Counseling Center
- Pepperdine University’s Clinical Training and Professional Development Department
- Ventura Chapter of CAMFT (California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists)
If you’d like to speak with Kent Toussaint about a training seminar for your staff, please contact him any time. He will be happy to discuss with you what your needs are and how to make this fun and informative workshop just right for your organization.